Curious about Hypnosis? Part 3 – Access to Subconscious Without Permission
Clinical Hypnotist Valerie Grimes explains how the subconscious creates beliefs without our conscious knowledge or permission.
Here are the five ways the subconscious gets ‘set up’.
- 1. Anything we are exposed to over and over again becomes a known in this part of your mind.
- 2. Identification with a parent or group. If your parent has an anger issue you may more easily adopt this trait as well and consider a permanent trait.
- 3. Experience under intense emotion. If you were bit by a dog as a child for example, you tend to grow up fearing dogs well into adult hood, even if you now rationally no all dogs are dangerous.
- 4. Ideas presented by an authority figure. Parents, clergy, and teachers impart information which we consider truth because of the authority role they are playing.
- 5. Hypnosis of Self Hypnosis.
Based on this information you can see it is our environment that shapes us, this mostly takes place before age 12. However, most of these can have an effect on you based on the level of intensity at any age.
Hypnosis and hypnotherapy can assist you in examining the beliefs and transform them into something that works for your adult life and future health and happiness.
To learn more, watch the video.
READ THE NEXT ARTICLE IN THE SERIES.
Hypnosis is a form of cooperative therapy that targets specific problems and attitudes. Hypnosis is based on the idea that each client is willing to work toward a goal with a qualified specialist, and break out of bad patterns. If certain behaviors are threatening personal relationships, physical and emotional health, or success at work, it could be helpful to examine the root of these problems in a controlled environment with a certified hypnotist. Hypnosis provides clarity to clients who may not understand their inability to change or improve chronic situations in their lives.
Valerie Grimes is a clinical hypnotherapist (CHt). Previously the staff hypnotist at Kaner Medical Group (Bedford), she is a recognized master at helping people overcome the negative belief systems, false opinions and self-defeating habits that reside in their sub-conscious minds. She has worked to eliminate negative patterns which consistently sabotage client relationships, health and opportunities for success in business and life. In 2002, she graduated from the Dallas Hypnosis Training Institute in Irving with 300 classroom and clinical hours. She is the owner of The Flow Center in Dallas. She became a BARS practitioner in January 2022.
Valerie Grimes, CCHt
THE FLOW CENTER
5310 Harvest Hill #266
Dallas TX 75230